September 8, 2009

2009 Fantasy Football Draft

I'm not sure how many years my friends and I have been doing this fantasy football league but I know it started while we were still at TU (Taylor University), which has been almost 10yrs now for some of us. We have 10 teams in our league and got together 2 weeks ago to do our annual live draft. I won the league last year for the first time and am hoping to repeat with the 2nd pick overall in this year's draft. We play that a team starts 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K each week.

Here's the team I drafted by position with the one's I'm leaning toward starting listed first. Let me know what you think.

QB - Peyton Manning, Ind
QB - Carson Palmer, Cin

RB - Michael Turner, Atl
RB - Thomas Jones, NYJ
RB - Le'Ron McClain, Bal
RB - Earnest Graham, TB

WR - Anquan Boldin, Ari
WR - Eddie Royal, Den
WR - Kevin Walter, Hou
WR - Deion Branch, Sea
WR - Roy E. Williams, Dal

TE - Owen Daniels, Hou
TE - Zach Miller, Oak

D/ST - Vikings
D/ST - Cowboys

K - Rob Bironas, Ten

2 comments:

Roger T. Feeback said...

You look strong at QB and WR, not sure yet of RB, kinda depends on Michael Turner's durability test this season.

Matt Lipan said...

Rog: thanks for the read and comment.

i have to admit that i'm a little nervous because if Turner ends up being a bust i think i might be in trouble. big time!