March 31, 2012

John 14:25-31

25 “I have spoken these things to you while I am with you. 26 The Companion, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I told you.
 27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I give to you not as the world gives. Don’t be troubled or afraid. 28 You have heard me tell you, ‘I’m going away and returning to you.’ If you loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than me. 29 I have told you before it happens so that when it happens you will believe. 30 I won’t say much more to you because this world’s ruler is coming. He has nothing on me. 31 Rather, he comes so that the world will know that I love the Father and do just as the Father has commanded me. Get up. We’re leaving this place." (CEB)

Disciples, meet the Holy Spirit. The "Companion," "Guide," and "Counselor." Not only does the Holy Spirit journey with us on the road of discipleship but becomes the agent of Christ's peace. A peace He leaves with us (perhaps in the form of the Holy Spirit?) and a peace He gives us. How might Christ be calling you to be an agent of His peace?

What do you find meaningful, confusing, or challenging in this passage?

0 comments: