October 1, 2008

Autumn

I know that Fall "officially" began on September 22nd but it is actually starting to feel like Fall and that made me remember how much I like Fall. It is easily one of my favorite seasons and quite possibly my favorite overall. There are a few things that are very vivid in my mind when I think about this time of year...

...the smell of fresh grass on a cool, sunny afternoon...

...pumpkins (carving, making pumpkin pies from scratch, roasting pumpkin seeds)...

...growing up in Michigan playing backyard football with my brother and friends...

...Halloween...

...blisters on my hands from raking leaves, which I HATE doing by the way...

...always wondering how fun it would be to go deer hunting with my uncles and now that I'm a little older realizing that the idea of sitting in the woods being really quiet and potentially never seeing anything actually sounds kind of boring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pumpkin pie from scratch?? hmmm that must be Tai! :)

Anonymous said...

dude when i was younger i wanted to go deer hunting so bad!!! now i share your attitude... what were we thinking?

Matt Lipan said...

anonymous: ouch! you have clearly never had my made-from-scratch pumpkin pie or my pumpkin cheesecake.

neal hennessy: isn't that hilarious? seriously, why would we ever want to do that??