January 2, 2009

Another Year

First let me say "Happy New Year!" I hope that your new year festivities were safe and great. I don't know if anyone made resolutions for 2009 but I'm still thinking, so if there are any suggestions let me know.

Today also happens to be my 30th birthday. Now, I don't say that to get birthday wishes but simply to say that I've been thinking about the past 30yrs of my life. It's interesting to look back and see the different ways, places and people that God uses to impact, direct and guide our lives. While the new year turns our attention to the future, I think it's important to keep in mind the things that God has brought us through to get to this point.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome to 30's club!
it creeps up on ya, huh?

Matt Lipan said...

holly: ha, i know right?!? though i will say that having worked with students for a couple years who think that anything over 25 is old, the idea of 30 has been growing on me...