April 2, 2009

Siding Project Claims a Victim

As you've probably noticed, our current house project is removing the extremely ugly aluminum siding from our house that was built in 1920 in order to refinish and paint the existing wood siding. So, as I was working on the West side of the house trying to get the last pieces of siding off I came across a "little friend" (as my sister would call it) that I had apparently smashed under the siding at some point with either my crowbar or ladder and as I pulled the piece of siding off the house he fell out.



Unfortunately, he did not make it. I'm guessing the internal damage he took as a result of my crowbar and/or ladder not knowing he was there was just too much. The plus side is that I think I heard his friend today as I was working on the other side of the house, though I never did find him. Hopefully I didn't accidentally squish him without knowing it.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Aw, is that a bat? Poor thing--Hope the other one is OK. Send 'em my way, I hate mosquitoes!

Matt Lipan said...

Kathy: thanks for the read and comment.

yeah, it was a bat and i felt pretty bad for accidentally killing it. i never could find the other one but if i do i'll let it know that it has a home at your place.