July 31, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I had a chance to see the latest Harry Potter movie earlier this week and while I'm guessing pretty much all of you have seen it already, I'm going to give a review of it anyways. Before I do that, it is important for you to know that I have not been following the Harry Potter series. I have not read any of the books and am not really sure if I have seen all of the movies or not. They kind of all run together for me, just like the one I saw on Monday has already done with all the other ones.

Overall I thought it was a well-made movie. For being 153mins long it did a nice job of not making me think it was 153mins long. It seemed a lot like the other HP movies I have seen with some magic stuff going on, well done computer graphics, and a lot of character/story development. I was a little disappointed by the lack of "action" in the movie and it was really a combination of this and the rather weak ending that made this movie feel like an "in-between" movie, almost as if it was simply filling space in the series. Don't forget that this is coming from a guy who knows very little about the Harry Potter series, so from that perspective, this was not really a movie that could stand on its own, unlike some of the other movies in the series. I give it a B.

0 comments: