July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July! I hope you have the chance to celebrate with family and friends all of the various freedoms that you and I experience on a daily basis and probably take for granted every once in a while. I find it interesting that we say we live in the "Land of the Free" and yet so many of us don't really feel free at all. Sure, no one is telling us how to live our lives but we still can't seem to get free from anxiety caused by things like finances, relationships, jobs, health...and maybe even...guilt, shame or regret.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to be preaching on the freedom that is found in and through Christ. It is a freedom unlike any other you or I might experience. The cages of worry, doubt and fear have been broken by the One who said, "Take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) This is the kind of freedom that makes us free to fully love, fully hope and fully live. Gives a whole new meaning to "Independence Day".

0 comments: