May 24, 2010

Rodrigo y Gabriela at The Vogue

I had the chance to see Rodrigo y Gabriela for the first time at The Vogue here in Indianapolis with my concert-going-partner-in-crime @bhsmith1 on May 13th. To be honest, I had never heard of this acoustic rocking duo before he had mentioned them to me so I was pretty curious to see what they would be like at a live show. Let me just say that overall, I was impressed.

I like The Vogue as a venue, not a bad place to see a show but for whatever reason that night it was blazing hot in there. I'm not sure if they were trying to cut costs by skimping out on the A/C or what but it was hot!

It didn't get any cooler once @rodgab took stage because they were en fuego (how cheesy am I? ...or clever and witty?). I have never witnessed guitar playing with such grace and speed. It truly was a performance that simply listening to an album could not do justice. Being able to see them live also helped as I found songs began to run together in their 1.5hr long set but nevertheless, I had a good time and was thoroughly impressed by their passion and obvious talent. If you haven't spent any time listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela, you really are missing out on some incredibly gifted musicians. Their newest album "11:11" is out now.

1 comments:

Kyle Dinwiddie said...

Watched their video from Jay Leno, very cool! I almost wish I was there, despite how hot it probably was