May 11, 2008

Comfortable In Your Skin

There are too many people, people we all know, that are uncomfortable with who they are and so instead they try to be something or someone they're not. We've all seen them (and been them at times) and it breaks my heart. Seeing them try so hard, go through so much pain, spend so much money to be anyone but themselves. It's not so much that the answers are hard to figure out...popularity, relationships, money, pride, power but maybe it goes deeper than that. I wonder how many people are trying to be something or someone else because they are looking for a way to bury their past or even start over.

I want to know people that are real, authentic, sincere, with the past and present and I want the freedom that comes with letting people know me in this way as well. I mean, when it comes down to it, aren't we all looking for this? Just think, you wouldn't have to pretend anymore. No more hiding or struggling to pull yourself out of the quicksand created by lies. We want so badly to let people know what's really going on, who we really are, the things that make us tick and yet so many of us are afraid to do just that. I think it becomes crucial to let others know that they can be real around us, even though sometimes real is messy.

If: real = messy
Then: bring on the mess...because the reality of it is, we are all a little messy.

0 comments: