April 1, 2008

"Custom Time"

Leave it to our friends at Google for giving us the chance to even "customize" time...I'm not sure how many of you use Gmail but there is a new feature that gives users one more area of customization.

(*below is taken from Google's Gmail site as I went to check my email)

New! Gmail Custom TimeTM

Ever wish you could go back in time and send that crucial email that could have changed everything -- if only it hadn't slipped your mind? Gmail can now help you with those missed deadlines, missed birthdays and missed opportunities.

Pre-date your messages
You tell us what time you would have wanted your email sent, and we'll take care of the rest. Need an email to arrive 6 hours ago? No problem.


Mark as read or unread
Take sending emails to the past one step further. We let you make emails look like they've been read all along.


Make them count
Use your custom time stamped messages wisely -- each Gmail user gets ten per year.

Worry less

Forget your finance reports. Forget your anniversary. We'll make it look like you remembered.

(*below is taken from my wandering thoughts)

There is something about this that seems kind of dishonest or shady but maybe that's just me. I would like to think that either: a) I am mindful and/or responsible enough to remember important dates and deadlines or b) I am humble enough to own up when I miss one. But maybe I just feel that way now or 1 hour ago or 6 hours ago or last night or whenever I wrote this......

3 comments:

hbu said...

I think this is their April Fool's Day prank...

Matt Lipan said...

well then don't i feel foolish!

jEREMY said...

this is way funny, i just wish i would have caught this and feel trap to it as well!nurcpsu