April 28, 2008

Random Thoughts & Observations

These random thoughts and observations are a result of a volleyball tournament in Louisville, KY where I coached my 14yr old team and my day off today. These are in no particular order other than what came to my mind first...

  • I don't mind and might even enjoy driving longer distances by myself because I get to listen to my music or the radio as loud as I like. My wife is not a big fan of a) my music and b) my music or the radio being loud while we travel together.
  • It is a HUGE bummer to have to pay almost $4/gallon for gas but I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it but still, not fun. I like to drive w/all of my windows down even when I'm driving on the interstate but I've heard some people say doing that creates a lot of drag and lowers your average miles per gallon which leaves me with 2 options: 1. I can drive w/my A/C on or 2. sweat...neither one I'm excited about.
  • Don't you hate it when you walk into a non-smoking hotel room and it smells like someone just put their cigarette out or when the comforter on the bed has burn marks on it?
  • Though my team didn't win very many matches (technically we only won 1 match the whole weekend) it was cool to see my girls keep trying and not give up, despite some games when even I toyed with the idea. I guess it goes to show that winning really isn't everything.
  • Tai (my wife) & I went grocery shopping this morning and again I was made aware of the weird work schedule we both have. She is a professor with a majority of night classes and I work for a church so my days off are Saturdays and Mondays. We joke about what other people must be thinking when they see us both out shopping or walking our dog in the middle of the day...on a Monday when most normal people are working.
  • It's interesting how surrounding yourself with good people can make dealing with things that would otherwise be a burden end up being not so bad.
These are what I've come up with so far but I'll be sure to share more if any come to mind.

0 comments: