March 4, 2009

A Week In So Far

It can become so easy to forget about Jesus. We lose Him in the midst of day planners, iPhones, budgets, Facebook, text messaging, work stress, Twitter, relationships, etc. It's scary when I realize how often I forget about Him throughout my day. If it really is all about Him (which I believe it is), then I do a pretty poor job at times of really making it all about Him.

I find this time of year, the Lenten season, to be a powerful reminder that it is all about Jesus and what He endured on our behalf. Lent is a perfect time to "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross" (Heb. 12:2). And so it seems appropriate to ask ourselves the question,

We're a week into Lent and...??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the reminder this verse offered me tonight. So true yet we forget.
I forget.
Thanks for the reminder.

ps- mini cadbury eggs are out!

Matt Lipan said...

Holly: thanks for the read and comment. isn't it a great verse?!? i love the idea of "fixing our eyes on Jesus", it just makes me think that i wouldn't want to look at anything else but Him.

dude, those eggs are good!