March 31, 2010

"Hometown Stranger"

My review of Nightjar's debut album "Hometown Stranger" is long overdue. Thanks to @drchess for giving me the chance to checkout their new album. Having had the chance to listen through the album a couple times, I've found myself liking it a little more each time. The album has an 80's rock/folk/Americana feel to it that keeps you intrigued with edgy lead vocals and smooth background harmonies.

My favorite track on "Hometown Stranger" was solidified by the horn section on 'Sweet Brandywine'.

I missed the CD release show that took place at Radio Radio on 3/27 but from what I have read, it was a great show. I'm looking forward to the chance to see them live. Their two upcoming shows are on 4/5 at Butler University for a Haiti Relief Benefit and on 5/5 again at Radio Radio, maybe I'll see you there.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review man and glad you liked the record. Hope to see you at a show!