January 3, 2008

Complaining to Content

Doesn't it seem like sometimes in life, when something goes wrong, there are at least 2 or 3 other things that go wrong with it? I was talking with my dad last night and we were both commenting on how things can be going pretty well, you find yourself just kind of cruising through life and then all of a sudden something goes wrong with your car, then the house, then work, then health, then a relationship and the list could go on and on.

I found myself experiencing something like recently as my car needed to go into the shop and has to go back in on Monday and as this has been happening, the sewer line at my house decided to back-up. It's sad how quickly in situations like this I can become so narrowed minded and self-centered. It's as if I have forgotten about all of the things that God has given to me and instead I go right to worrying and complaining about all of the things that have gone "wrong". I love that God has a sense of humor and is more than willing to slap me across the face with His faithfulness that brings me back to the reality of who He is. Funny how my attitude changes when I consider all God has done and provided for me. If I really think about it, I should be thankful that I even own a car to have to take in to the shop or a roof over my head that I can call my own despite the minor "leaks".

Think about what the year ahead of us could look like if we were more content and less complaining...

0 comments: