December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I've never really been fair to this night. I remember, especially in high school, setting such high expectations for New Year's Eve. For some reason, I expected it to be the best night of the year as I would attend some great party with a ton of people and never remember having so much fun as we rung in the New Year...then I grew up. In my opinion, New Year's Eve is one of, if not the most overrated night/holiday of the year. You always go into it thinking, "This is the year. This will be the New Year's Eve party that will really set the tone for the rest of this year for me." and year after year, it ends up primarily being the same as the New Year's Eve before.

I've adapted a new attitude toward this night over the past couple years. I have changed my expectations from "the funnest night ever" to "a chance to chill with some good friends enjoying some good conversation with some good music playing in the background as we wait to watch the ball drop on Times Square". Having said all this, I'm off to do just that and I hope that wherever you end up or whoever you are with, you find yourself having a safe and happy New Year's. See you in 2008!

0 comments: