June 13, 2008

Thanks for Visiting Wilmore

Day 6
We only had a half day today, which was sweet! We started our morning with a time of Communion and prayer, which was pretty cool. Afterwards we watched a video from the Leadership Summit held at Willow Creek of Jim Collins talking about leadership. Before the video started I was somewhat skeptical but ended up really liking some of the things he had to say. Once class was over I had the chance to grab some lunch with a couple really cool people I met and then it was on the road again for me.

Now, I'm guessing that it has something to do with a more southern culture and the fact that I am not, in any way, from the south that makes me go crazy when driving in the south. It seemed that everyone drove SO SLOW!! I know that I tend to have a "lead foot" but come on seriously, who actually drives the speed limit?!? Other than that, the 3 & 1/2 hour drive home wasn't bad until I hit the Ohio River on I275...it was like God had taken the entire content of the river itself and dumped it on those of us in the area at the time. I have never seen soooooo much water on the interstate, both falling from the sky and sitting on the road. And don't get me started on those giant semis that come flying by in the left lane as if it wasn't already hard enough to see the road in front of you.

Needless to say I made it home and am actually sitting out on my porch as I write this. Overall I had a good week on campus, really enjoyed my class and my prof and felt like I not only learned a lot but was challenged personally and spiritually in the process. I'm sure I'll share more in-depth in the upcoming days but for now I'm going to go see if Otis is feeling any better.

0 comments: