June 10, 2008

Wilmore: Day 3

Day 3
I went to the local grocery store last night and picked up some things for breakfast so I didn't have to get up as early today. I think it was about 10 to 8 by the time I actually got out of bed. Supposedly we had some decent storms come through last night but I only remember hearing a couple peels of thunder and seeing some lightening before I was out.

Nothing too incredibly exciting happened today. The lecture hall where my class is being held was FREEZING today! I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat said something close to the 50's because I think at one point my toes and fingers were actually numb. Today's theme was the "Shadow Side" of servant leadership. We discussed how any selfish motive to lead others will only result in disaster and how easy it can be to abuse positions of leadership. It was a long day but important to bring up and discuss the abuses of leadership that unfortunately happen all around us.

Class got out a little before 5pm today so I headed back to my dorm room for a little after-class-nap session. I got up and for some reason was ready to go, I wasn't really sure where I was going but I was ready to go nonetheless. So, I decided I would venture toward Lexington and see what I could find...I ended up at a mall, walked around a little, hit up a Panera for dinner on my way back and called it an 'adventure'.

Now I'm back in my room with a lot of thoughts and ideas swirling around in my head, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing considering I am scheduled to preach 3 Sundays in-a-row at the end of June into July. I'm hoping that I can use some of these thoughts or ideas for my sermons if I can formulate them to make sense somehow. While thoughts are floating around the room I decided I would check out a couple new albums: Wanderlust by Gavin Rossdale, 3 Doors Down by 3 Doors Down and We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things by Jason Mraz. I'll let you know what I think if you're interested.

0 comments: